Saturday 24 October 2015

When You Reach Out, Who Takes Hold?

When you reach out, who are the people in your life that genuinely support you, and who you can genuinely trust?
What about them stands out to you the most?
What ways have they impacted your life?
How do you express your appreciation to them?



 I posted this as a gratitude exercise in a Facebook group that I admin. One member who has become a close friend proposed I do a bit of a self-love challenge and I would love to share it with all of you:

"Those qualities you see in others, they are in you as well. No doubt about that. Some may be unconscious but they are in you. Now I challenge you to find the qualities you see in yourself like you did with us.  Just write them down and if it's difficult for you to find, check the ones you saw in others. I feel you are much more than you think. Value yourself! 

Write as much as you see in you. Then I'd recommend you to read the list each day at the time that feels right to you (maybe the morning would be a good time). And do it for a few days. Self love, acceptance, worthiness, confidence and so on can be built looking inwards.
 

I'll leave you with some food for thought besides the above:
Once when I was having a difficult time about myself, someone close to me told me: "I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. You are much more
than you think". Now I make those words mine and direct them to you."

I'd like you to take the words my dear friend gave to me and take on this challenge yourself to look deep inside. You are enough and you do have much worth. Find what makes you so valuable and unique. Make your purpose in this life to become more authentic and share all that is joyfully you with the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment